Some highlights include:
- 1929 Mansion is completed. Property is 65 acres in total.
- 1937 Home sold to W. E. Travis, President of Greyhound Bus Lines. Second story of mansion and Priest's quarters built at this time.
- 1942 Home sold to John Ross, President of Aviola Radio Co. 30 acres of the property parceled off and sold.
- 1948 Ross sold home and 30 acres of citrus grove and date palms to a group of investors headed by former bandleader, Al Stoval. 15 casitas, The Orange Tree Restaurant and a heart-shaped pool were built.
- 1956 Property is sold to a syndicate of Midwestern investors headed by Fred W. Renker. An additional 45 casitas are added to the property.
- 1981 Two-story hotel room building of 68 units and parking garage built.
- 1996 Property closed for extensive restoration. Heart-shaped pool removed. Royal Palms became the site of the 1996 ASID Showhouse, (American Society of Interior Design) a major fundraiser for the Phoenix Symphony.
- 1997 Royal Palms Hotel and Casitas opens for business in April.
- 2003 Royal Palms Hotel and Resorts becomes Royal Palms Resort and Spa.
- 2016 Royal Palms Resort and Spa becomes the sixth property to join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt.
Book online to reserve your spot for the tour, please visit here.